Questions by category:


For TravelEase Annual Travel Insurance, policyholder and spouse must be a HKID holder.

Yes, TravelEase is designed for travelers who are travelling for leisure travel or for administrative business purposes.

For TravelEase Single Trip Travel Insurance, the journey should originate from Hong Kong SAR and the maximum journey duration is 180 days.

For TravelEase Annual Travel Insurance, each return journey should originate from and return to Hong Kong SAR and the maximum journey duration is 90 days; each One Way journey should originate from Hong Kong SAR and the maximum Journey duration is 30 days.

To ensure your coverage will not be interrupted, your policy will be renewed automatically for a further annual period upon the expiry date and the annual premium will be debited from the provided credit card. The renewal insurability is subject to the terms and conditions in the policy wording.

In order to make the insured person’s journey more enjoyable, there is no excess that he/she has to bear.

If the insured person gets sick or suffers an injury during the journey, he/she can visit a qualified medical practitioner for medical consultation overseas. Moreover, TravelEase Travel Insurance also provides coverage for follow-up medical expenses incurred in Hong Kong SAR within 90 days after he/she returns to Hong Kong SAR. Please remember to keep all doctor report(s)/ receipt(s) for claims purposes.

TravelEase Travel Insurance provides emergency assistance services. In the event of injury of the insured person, he/she may call the 24-hour Chubb assistance hotline for medical service referral. If the insured person requires medical evacuation to another location or return to Hong Kong SAR for appropriate medical treatment on the advice of a physician, Chubb Assistance will provide evacuation arrangements. Chubb Assistance hotline also provides the following services:

  • Loss of luggage assistance
  • Loss of travel document assistance
  • Embassy / interpreter referral, etc.,